Filing a Cruelty Complaint

The HSGC employs a part-time cruelty investigator to investigate reports of neglect and cruelty to animals within Genesee County.  If you believe that an animal is being kept in neglectful or cruel conditions, please submit an email to: or call us at 810.744.0511.

To file a Neglect/Cruelty Report, please provide the following:

  • Type(s) of animal(s) involved
  • Nature of neglect or cruelty observed
  • Street address where the animal(s) can be located. 
  • Is residence abandoned? (Yes or No)
  • City and Vicinity (East, West, North or South)
  • Your name and phone number.  

You have our commitment that all information provided will be held strictly confidential.