Bringing animals and people together.
Animal adoption is the heart of what we do at HSGC. Our goal is to connect people and animals so they can share their lives together. This is how we make it all happen.
- We have a large variety of dogs and cats. Occasionally we have rabbits, hamsters, birds and other small animals.
- All dogs and cats adopted from HSGC have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped.
- Dogs have been tested for heartworm.
- Cats have been tested for feline leukemia.
Tips for selecting the pet that’s best for you.
- Research the animal/breed prior to adoption.
- Include the entire family in the decision-making process if possible.
- Visit several times before making your decision on the animal that is best for you.
- Consider the supplies and budget you will need to properly support an animal in your household.
- If you have other animals in your home, they must be up to date on all vaccinations, and open to sharing their home with another animal.
- Schedule a “meet and greet” with HSGC for your current pets to meet your potential new pet.
- Plan on a minimum of 45 minutes to get to know your pet. It should not be a rushed decision.