The Humane Society of Genesee County is proud to offer temporary support and assistance to Genesee County pet owners in need through our new Kibble Cupboard. The Kibble Cupboard is a new program through HSGC where Genesee County residents in need of temporary support for their pet can apply to our program to receive assistance with food for their pet(s).
The Kibble Cupboard is based on the generous donations of others so we are unable to guarantee certain brands or that food will always be available. We hope this program will provide loving pet owners in Genesee County some temporary relief in providing for their pet. Below are our program requirements:
- This program is intended to provide temporary relief for six months initially. You may re-apply in six months if additional support is needed.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Once approved you will be eligible to return to the Kibble Cupboard once every 30 days. We will provide you with a list of dates to return.
- Please inform us if you have any changes to your personal information, address, etc. This way we can keep our records up to date.
- Please notify us if you remove any animals from your household.
- Only one owner can be registered per household.
- Breeding or planning to breed your pet will result in immediate removal from the program.
- Cat food is reserved for owned cats and cannot be used to feed stray cats.
- Participation in Kibble Cupboard may be revoked for disruptive behavior towards HSGC Staff.
- Registration and participation in Kibble cupboard may be revoked at the discretion of HSGC for any reason.
- Applicants must provide proof of residency in Genesee County.
- Proper identification is required when food is picked up.
- You cannot acquire additional animals while participating in this program.
- All animals must be spayed or neutered to be eligible for the program.
- Food will be provided for up to 2 cats and 2 dogs.
- We will require a $5 deposit for each bucket. You will receive that $5 deposit back when you return the bucket.
- Lost food buckets will be replaced at a charge of $5 per bucket.
- Items received from Kibble Cupboard may not be offered for sale or traded.
- You must provide a photo ID and proof of low income status to qualify. Acceptable proof includes: unemployment paystub within 30 days, Medicaid or Medical Assistance card, Social Security Disability or Retirement Qualification, or Bridge Card with annual letter of qualification (must be dated within the last 12 months).
If you believe you may qualify for the Kibble Cupboard program after reviewing the qualifications to the left, please fill out an application below and return to HSGC.
If you have any questions regarding Kibble Cupboard please contact Heidi Molyneux at: